Sunday, March 16, 2014

THIRSTY THURSDAYS – MOCHA MILKSHAKE WITH HEATH BAR PIECES


I have not been able to locate a milkshake that gets me extra excited, so, on one of our snow days, I tried my hand at making one for myself using two of my favorite things, Mocha & Heath Bar pieces.

Stuff I used:                                          


*Coffee Ice Cream
 
 


 
*Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup (With Calcium for bone health)
 
 


*2% Milk
 
 


*Heath Bar Pieces
 
 

Stuff I did:

1.    Mix everything in the blender's carafe.
 
 

2.    Turned on the blender until well blended  using the blend setting (I think it was the blend setting).

3.    Pour the mixture in some fancy Washington Redskin glasses.
 
 
4.    Insert some cute, whimsically colored straws.

5.    Taste.

6.    Critique.
How I felt:

*Disappointed! 
I used entirely too much milk.  Look at those drinks in the glasses.  They look like glasses of vanilla milkshakes.  I was so excited about making this treat, that I didn’t even measure my ingredients.  My family seemed to enjoy this milkshake, but it was not rich  or thick enough for me.

Lessons Learned:

*Take the time to measure my ingredients (yes, measure the ingredients for a simple milkshake, Rose.  This may lead to a better finished product.)


*Use less milk and more of everything else. 
 
*Remember the settings I used on the blender, so that can correctly enter it in my milkshake blog entry   not look like a forgetful forgetter.

*Keep track of the amount of time I should mix the ingredients in the blender.
 
*Get a grip on the extreme milkshake excitement. 
 
I’m going to try making this milkshake again. I will keep you updated.

Please share your milkshake adventures in the comment’s section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment