Monday, February 10, 2014

MAKE-UP MONDAY - MARY KAY'S CONCEALER


A few years ago I suffered from some almost chronic stress-related acne.  My face suffered from a crazy cycle of pimples & scars & pimples & scars (I’ll share my ongoing battle story with you guys at a later date).  Believe it or not, the pimples were much more bearable than the scars were.  So I did what most women do to hide those scars: I started wearing concealer.  After searching & searching for the perfect shade and coverage, I found Mary Kay’s concealer in shade Bronze 2.

 
This small tube of wonder only costs about $10 and since you only need to use a tiny dot of this stuff,  it usually lasts for quite a few months. 
I no longer use this concealer because I now steer toward a simpler morning beauty routine (which I will also share later), and here are the two main reasons why:
 

*At 43 years old, I’ve, once again, grown quite fond of my skin in its natural state.

*I’m a bit lazy in the morning.

Well here’s a picture of my clean face covered in nothing but moisturizer and lip balm.
 

Here's a up-close, side view, showing some of my remaining acne scars:
 
...and after covering up a bit with some concealer:
 
Do you choose to conceal or reveal your true beauty?  Please share in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment