Monday, February 3, 2014

MAKEUP MONDAY – EYE SHADOW


My daughter Jessica re-introduced me to the wonder of eye shadow a few years ago. My eyes are one of my favorite features, and I enjoy dressing them up by wearing soft shades such as pink, purple, gray, beige/gold & blue.  I may be a bit corny, but I enjoy matching the shades with my outfits each day.   
 WET N WILD SHADES: UNCHAINED, SUEDE & CHEEKY
REVLON SHADES:  COPPER & PURPLE

My favorite eye shadow  brand is Perfect Eighteen Colors by Absolute.  This is a very inexpensive brand of eye shadow that can be found at many local hair and beauty supply stores.  It usually costs about $3 and includes all of my favorite shades.

I’ve also tried the individual pots of Revlon and Wet N Wild eye shadow in my favorite shades.  They are very pretty, but they did not provide the vivid eye popping color I received from the Absolute brand.

Jessica also introduced me to eye shadow primer.  Since my lids tend to be a bit oily, the base allows me to wear eye shadow without having to worry about too much creasing or fading.  This will be a plus during those lovely Summer months when my eyelids tends to be at its oiliest.  Last week I told you guys about the Elf Eye Primer I purchased from Walgreens.  This product had done a wonderful job of keeping my eye shadow fresh until at least the latter part of the day.
 
I AM WEARING THE PERFECT EIGHTEEN COLORS BY ABSOLUTE BRAND IN A LIGHT GRAY AND DARK BLUE COMBO IN BOTH PHOTOS

This Ergonomic Rounded Eye Shadow brush by Avon provides wonderful coverage.

I AM GOING TO PURCHASE A NEW BRUSH SOON
 
Feel free to use the comments box section below to share your favorite eye shadow brand and shade, primer, brushes and other and eye shadow accessories.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment