Wednesday, February 12, 2014

WEAR IT WEDNESDAY – COACH’S POPPY FLOWER FRAGRANCE


“What is that fragrance you have on? It smells really nice!” 
This was the question I had for the nice lady working at the grocery store as my husband and I walked towards the exit.  “It’s Dolce & Gabbana!”  I flashed my husband a very guilt-ridden look.  I had a full bottle of Dolce & Gabbana perfume stored in my drawer.  Mark purchased it for me as a gift.  I’d worn it once, but it did not smell as nice on me as it did on this lady.  When I shared this information with her, she said something about my chemistry being rotten or sour or something. Even though I laughed at her joke, I kinda thought that there was some truth to her raw humor as I took one more whiff of her wonderful aroma.  When I got home I tried the Dolce & Gabbana perfume again and came to this conclusion: “I know that I don’t have “bad” chemistry, but this perfume is just not working for me.
Yesterday, as an early Valentine’s Day gift, my husband, with his sweet, generous self,  gave me this beautiful Coach Poppy Flower perfume.
 
Even after almost 26 years together (dating & marriage), my chemistry with my husband, Mark is just fine, because Mark had no way of knowing that I’d peeped at this beautiful box in the store just this week.

I took this beautiful bottle out of its whimsical packaging and immediately sprayed some on my wrist. 
Instant chemistry fusion!  
This stuff is light, airy and very playful, kinda like me.  Before leaving for work this morning, I sprayed some on and when I arrived home after work, it was still sharing its beautiful floral and slightly fruity scent. 
I am not one of those chicks that like to chase big name brands and big price tags, but I do love using products that work for me.  As you know from my past posts, I am very content with a $2 splurge (check out January’s Splurgeday Thursday posts).  But I love products that are well made and practical.  A nice pair of shoes that can endure shopping trips and dance floors.  A beautiful bag that can hold all of my stuff, my daughters’ stuff and my husband’s stuff without busting at the seams.  A fragrance that mixes well with my weird chemistry. 

Please feel free to share what you think in the comment's section below!

Happy Valentine’s Week, y’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment