Wednesday, February 19, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY - TOP TEN THINGS I SHOULD HAVE DONE ON MY SNOW DAY – BESIDES EAT COOKIES AND PLAY IN THE SNOW


My family and I enjoyed a wonderful snow day last Thursday! Good Grief, it was so much fun.
But if I were creating a list of things I did on that snow day, I would have a very short list to share, because I only relaxed, ate cookies and pizza and played in the snow.
SNOW DAY FEET
 
Below is a list of the Top Ten things I probably should have done during my snow day:
10. BAKE SOME NINJA BREAD COOKIES: Yeah, I know I said “besides eat cookies”, but these guys look like so much fun. Since they required some stirring and mixing, they did not make it to the oven. (I guess we were only willing to cut frozen cookies and plop them on aluminum foil).


9.  IRON SOME CLOTHES:  HA HA HAAAAAA HA HA!  My jokes are soooo funny.

8.  TRY OUT SOME NEW HAIRSTYLES:  My hair is behaving very badly these days.  I need to try out some new do's.

7.  TRY MAKING A NEW DISH:  I made pizza for dinner on our snow day last Thursday.  It was good but I was too lazy to experiment with a new dish.  At least I topped some to the slices with ground beef and ham.  That’s  kinda new I guess. Sorry, no picture for this one.

6.  CRAFTING:  This snow day would have given me the opportunity to make some earrings, bracelets, broaches, Christmas ornaments (see Frank, the Snow Man below).
 
 

5.  CREATING THURSDAY’S BLOG POST:   I have not created any Thirsty Thursday posts for this month.  “Busy-ness” is my excuse for the first Thursday.  “Lay-around” is the excuse for the snowy Thusday.  February has two more Thursdays and I have two drinks that I really want to share with you.
Empty Glasses!
 
4.  ORGANIZE MY POETRY:  I have a collection of poetry that I need to print and put in my cute little pink binder.   My snow day would have been the perfect opportunity to do this.
Empty Binder!
 

3.  ORGANIZE MY JEWELRY: I was supposed to complete this project about 5 weeks ago.  Now I’m missing a couple of pairs of really cute earrings.  Laziness is the father of misplacement.  (That makes no sense, sorry).
BEFORE
AFTER
I finally finished this chore today!
 
2.  SHOE REPAIR:  Again, another project that I have been putting off for a very long time.  I have some beautiful shoes that only require heel repair.  Such agony, owning beautiful shoes and cannot wear them.
 
I'll share my step by step shoe repair adventure in a future post.
 
1.  TAKE DOWN MY CHRISTMAS TREE AND PUT AWAY MY CHRISTMAS KNICK-KNACKS:  Ok, I’m so embarrassed about this.  New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King’s Birthday, Valentine’s Day and Presidents Day have all passed and I still have a fully decorated tree sitting in the corner of my living room.  I’ve also moved all of my Christmas dudes to one communal area in the living room.  That's a start.

These guys look kinda creepy...like they are ready to form an army and attack.

Frank, The Snowman is ready to go on vacation!
 
I actually feel no guilt at all for using my snow day to do nothing but goof off and gain weight. 
Use the comment section below to share your snow day fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment