Tuesday, February 4, 2014

TOP TEN TUESDAY – FAVORITE SNACK FOODS FOR NATIONAL SNACK FOODS MONTH


This morning, I saw a sign in the cafeteria in the building where I work which indicated that February is National Snack Food Month.

I LOVE snacks, so in celebration of this joyous month long holiday, I am going to share my TOP TEN FAVORITE SNACK FOODS:

#10 CHOCOLATE COVERED COFFEE BEANS:  There’s a candy shop in Richmond’s Cary Town called For The Love Of Chocolate.  They sell these little chocolate covered coffee beans that are delicious.  I usually get a few and savor them in the car on the way home. 
 
#9 BLACK AND WHITE SCONES FROM CROSSROADS COFFEE AND CREAM:  These scones taste like big chocolate chip biscuit cookies.  They are soooo good!  Crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.

#8 RUSSELL STOVER’S AND OR WHITMAN’S ASSORTED CHOCOLATES:  So far, I’ve purchased two heart shaped boxes of these assorted chocolates and there’s still two weeks before Valentine’s day. And yes…I will also stock up on these treats during the after Valentine’s Day sales!

#7 CVS’S GOLD EMBLEM BRAND COOKIES:  I told y'all about these decadent cookies a few weeks ago after purchasing three boxes.   Coffee Bean Chocolate Chunk.  Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk. Soft Bake Brownie Cookies with White Chocolate Chips.  These classy guys have changed the image of store brand cookies.
 

#6 GIRL SCOUT COOKIES:  I began bugging our office Girl Scout cookie guy in January by exclaiming “It’s almost Girl Scout Cookie time!” He told me that the order sheet is own the way!  And let’s not mention the little girls that stand in front of the mall and department stores with their little uniforms on and their boxes of Thin Mints, Samosa & Tagalongs.  No need to ask me if I would like to purchase some Girl Scout cookies, Little Ones – the answer is always, “I’ll take three boxes.”

#5 UKROP'S 6 LAYER CHOCOLATE ICED CAKE:  Whenever we have a pot-luck at work, this is usually my go-to item to bring.  Martin's Grocery Store in Richmond sells these mouth-watering cakes in two sized – whole and half. The chocolate icing is so rich.  The yellow cake is so moist. Six yummy layers of “Oh-my-goodness"  Can I eat an entire cake by myself?  Well, on one weekend of weakness,  I took a look at the small sliver of cake that remained on my dining room table asked my family “Wow, where did this cake go?”  They looked at me and said “I only had one piece of cake”, “I had a really small piece” “I didn’t have any”. I bowed my head in embarrassment and admitted to the fact that I’d nearly eaten the entire cake by myself. I then proceeded to devour the last slice.
 
#4 CHICK FIL A’S CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE:  Good grief!  Those cows always ask us to “eat  mor'chicken”, but there are days that I stop by Chick Fil A just for their warm, soft cookies. 

#3 SUGAR SHACK’S CHOCOLATE DONUT WITH HEATH TOPPINGS:  Richmond’s Sugar Shack has the best donuts!  I’ve tried about two or three different flavors, but the chocolate donut with Heath Bar toppings is my favorite. 
 
#2 - BEN AND JERRY’S NEW YORK SUPER FUDGE CHUNK ICE CREAM:  There are so many things going on in this treat…chocolate chunks, nuts, rich chocolate ice cream.  I enjoy scooping this stuff into a sugar cone and curling up on the sofa.
 
#1 - HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL WALNUT COOKIES:  If you are a flavor & texture nut like I am, this is the cookie for you.  You can get this wonderful combination by doing a number of things:

Combining a package of oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies mix and a package of chocolate chip cookie mix with some peanut butter and a bag of walnuts

Well, the stuff in the jar is not peanut butter, but I think it may serve as a nice substitute. 

Making some oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies and adding some peanut butter chips and walnuts.

Making these babies from scratch (as soon as I figure this out, I’ll share the recipe in a future blog post)
 
Honorable Mention:  Organic Granny Smith Apple
 
 
Please celebrate National Snack Food Month responsibly and share your fun in the comment’s section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment