Sunday, January 19, 2014

SUNDAY REWIND - FRUIT AND SHOES


After a small hiatus, Ecclectic Bouquet has returned!
I am celebrating by combining Splurgeday Thursday & First Time Friday and a lil' bit of some premature Shoesday Tuesday.
                                              
First of all, take a look at these beautiful Steve Madden “winter wedges” I purchased on my lunch break on Friday. 

 


Here are the stats:

*  Black Suede

*  5 ½ inch wedge heel

*  1 ½ inch platform

*  Ankle strap

*  Gorgeous!!!

I call the Steve Madden brand the working woman’s splurge.  His items are well made, beautiful and affordable.  I can always find Steve Madden shoes or bags at a reasonable price. 
I love you Christian Louboutin, but I can only peep at your shoes through a store window...unless I want Suzy Orman’s head to pop out of my glove box & yell at me.
On Saturday, I was able to prove that Steve Madden’s shoes are soooooo comfortable.  I went on a two  hour grocery shopping excursion and completed some other shopping duties with these beautiful shoes on.  No pinched toes.  No cramped ankles.  Just happily taking care of business,  comfortably and in style.
 

In my rush to put these shoes on, I placed the buckle in the middle.
It should be on the side.
They are still ridiculous-cute though!
 

Also, I kinda ended my search for a fruit I can enjoy. In my first post, I told everyone about the texture issues I have with almost all fruit.  So for the first time, I tried to eat a mango. 
It was my belief that since I love mango flavored Orbits gum, mango scented lotion, perfumes & candles, maybe I could love the actual fruit.  I cut this unusual looking fruit into cubes, shared the cubes with Mark and Erica, sat down and took a very small bite. 



Good grief!!!  It was too soft and sweet…not crisp enough.
I also tried a pomegranate again. 

 
 

 I like these, but I cannot get over the hard little seed in the middle of each pulp.

 
 
 
I think I’m just going to stick to lemons and organic Granny Smith apples.

Please share your Steve Madden experiences with me in the comment’s section below.  Also, if you are a fruit hating weirdy like me, please also share that story as well!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment