Wednesday, January 8, 2014

WOW'EM WEDNESDAY


I know this is a bit random, but how cute & perfect is this cabbage?!?!?



My attempt to “wow’em” with Rose’s Caribbean Curry Kabobs was a success!

 Here’s how I did it:

WHAT I USED:

*  1 cup of water

*  ¼ cup canola oil

*  1 tablespoon curry powder

*  Pinch of salt

*  Pinch of pepper

*  Four boneless chicken breasts

HOW I DID IT:

1.      Mix the water, canola oil, curry powder, salt & pepper in a bowl.

2.      Pour the curry mix in a  plastic Ziploc bag.

3.       Place the four chicken breasts in the bag with the curry mix, zip the bag & shake.
 


 
 
            4.        Place this bag in the refrigerator for about 12 hours

***I had to do this in the morning, before I began my commute to work. You may be able to marinade the chicken in a shorter amount of time and get the same delicious results.***

5.      After 12 hours, take the chicken breast out of the Ziploc bag & cut it into small chunks.
 
 

6.      Slide about 12 chicken breast chunks on each kabob skewers.  You may be able to add more, depending on the size of the chunks.

7.      Preheat the griddle at 300 degrees.

8.      Place the kabobs on the griddle. (You can also cook them in the oven.  That’s what I usually do when I make other kabobs. )

9.      Cook the kabobs for about 10 – 12 minutes on each side (depending on the size of the chicken chunks).
 
 
 
          10. Serve with rice & cabbage.

                                         Yeah, I didn't use a "real" plate.  Please don't judge!

Here are some of the "secret" ingredients I used to wow'em today
 
 
*  El Guapo Curry Powder:  I love this brand of seasonings!  These small bags are perfect when you want to purchase a seasoning that you don’t use too often. The usually cost about eighty-eight cents.

*  Parsley Flakes:  I didn’t use Parsley on the Kabobs, but I used it in my rice.  This is one of my staples.  I use it on almost everything.

*  Chicken bouillon cubes:  Another staple.  I also used this in my rice.

*  McCormick’s Pepper:  This little can of pepper is great.  Look at how big the granules are!  It really adds a lot of flavor to your dish.

…And who doesn’t like seeing those pretty black specks on your macaroni and cheese, scrambled eggs, chowder…!?!

 
*  Sushi Rice:  The last time I purchased sushi rice, I got it at a place called the Oriental Food Store in my hometown, Richmond, VA.  They sell it by the pound.  I’ve been too busy to stop by, so I purchased this brand of rice at the grocery store.  I always sneak a little sushi rice in with my regular rice. 
 
 
*  I also added some cute little peas to my rice.  These are called young peas.  They are so cute and really tiny!  Smaller than normal peas.
 
 
 
In the past, I’ve made Teriyaki kabobs and I add veggies to the skewers.  Also, when I make the traditional chicken curry, I add tomatoes to the mix.  Since this was my first time making the curry kabobs, I wanted to keep it kinda simple. 

My family really enjoyed this dish!
Please try it out, mix it up a little and wow somebody you love.

Let me know how it turned out in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment