Saturday, January 11, 2014

FIRST TIME SATURDAY??? YES MA'AM!!!




Today was filled with so many “first times” & “first time in a long times”, it kinda makes up for my lack of first time stuff on First Time Friday.

Here's a list of my first time experiences for today:

   1.    COMMENCED TO IRONING:  In an effort to help Erica prepare for her volunteer participation in Virginia’ new Governor, Terry McAuliffe’s inauguration, I decided to iron her white button-down shirt. This shirt was required as part of her attire for the day’s duties. I have not ironed a piece of clothing since the 1980’s. 
 
 

   2.   MADE AND ATE A BACON, CHEDDAR & MOZZARELLA CHEESE QUESADILLA:  I made this breakfast quesadilla today. It was not that impressive. I think I’ll try sausage in leiu of bacon next time.   
 
 

   3.    PURCHASED SOME NEW (NEW TO ME) DELICIOUS & FANCY, STORE BRAND COOKIES:   CVS has some of the yummiest store brand  cookies.  I purchased three boxes because they were on sale.  Vanilla Bean Coffee:  You can really taste the coffee flavor.  Soft Baked Brownie:  Rich & divine.  Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk:  Very good, but I cannot taste the peanut butter flavor.
 
 

    4.   ATTENDED A GOVERNOR’S INAUGURATION:  Governor Terry McAuliffe was sworn in today as Virginia’s 72nd Governor & I was able to attend! It was raining for the most part, but this was still such an exciting historic event.  My favorite quote from his inaugural address:  “Common ground doesn’t move toward us, we move toward it.”
 

 

    5.    WITNESSED CEREMONIAL CANNON SALUTE: After Governor McAuliffe was sworn in, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church’s bell rang, the rain subsided and large cannons proceeded to fire – loudly.  It doesn’t take a lot to excite me, and after the initial shock of the loud explosions, I repeatedly told the stranger standing next to me on the bleachers, “This is awesome!”  Unfortunately, I was having phone issues & I was unable to take photos of those incredible cannons.

    6.    SAW FORMER PRESIDENT BILL & HILLARY CLINTON, IN PERSON:  While leaving the governor’s inauguration, Erica and I saw Bill and Hillary Clinton!  They were standing about 10 feet away from us! I let out a very loud “WOOOOOOO” as if I were attending a concert.  Embarrassingly, I was the only spectator to react this way.  Everyone else stood silently and took pictures. One guy yelled, “Hello, Mr. President”, but that was it.  Sadly, as I mentioned before, I could not take a picture because of my ill phone.

    Yeah!!! What an awesome day! Some other fun stuff happened today too, but I will share later.

    If you were at this Inauguration today or if you experienced any of these first time activities, let me know in the comment’s section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment