Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TUESDAY SHOESDAY - BOOT-BOOTIES



Long, black stiletto boots are one of the hottest items of clothing any woman can own.   I purchased a pair online last year and fell in love with them…kinda.
These boots come in two pieces…a short bootie and the long leg piece that you can attach to the bootie.  This way you have two pairs of shoes in one.  When I saw the picture online, I was so excited to purchase such a unique item.  When I tried the shoe on, I was a little perplexed.

   What's up with all the cords? 
My husband, Mark is a techie-kinda guy,
so these cords are like snakes on a plane around our house. 

I put on the leg part, then slipped on the bootie…snapped both parts together and sashayed around the house.  This puzzle just didn’t fit together like it should.  I think this is just another creation I’m just not smart enough to enjoy, and I think I’m pretty deft chick.  I’ve worn them to work with a dress, I wore them to an event with some jeans…they looked awesome, but I had to keep adjusting the bootie so that the back part won’t keep peeping out of the long leg part.

Oh well…I still love these cuties, even though I mostly wear them as a short bootie.

Ok…forgive me, but I’m going to back up & run off of the track for a second.  “Deft” is one of my new favorite words. I’m probably using it out of context in the paragraph above, so once again, please forgive me. I was reintroduced to this word as I watched Alex Ebert accept his award  for Best Original Score –Motion Picture on the Golden Globes Sunday night.  Remember his ingenious quote: Even the most deft pen is a clumsy tool and yet we still try for magic”.  As a lover of the written word, this will be my new motto.

Back to Tuesday Shoesday
 
If you have any suggestions on how to wear these gorgeous boots correctly  or if you have a piece of clothing, household item (like cords & wires), a complex dish you would like to cook, and you feel that you are just not "smart" enough to conquer, please share in the comment’s section below.

                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment