Monday, January 13, 2014

MOCHA MONDAY – FROM ROSE’S GALLEY KITCHEN


Today I decided to make my own mocha, right in my little galley kitchen.
 

It’s quite easy, and you can adjust the flavor to be as rich, creamy or smooth as you want.
You only need four basic but important elements:


 
 
*1 1/3 cup hot water

*1 package hot cocoa mix

*2/3 tablespoon instant coffee

* ¼ cup 2% milk

I just mixed these guys in my cute little gerbera cup (please see my brief coffee cup story below) & stirred.

It was very tasty, but I have tried other combinations as well.

Please feel free to make your own mocha using some of these substitutes:

*Milk instead of water

*Hershey’s cocoa powder with added sugar

*Brewed coffee

*Cream

*Whole, skim, 1%, soy, almond, goat milk
My delicious concoction transformed me into a freight train from about 8 a.m. until around 3 p.m.  After around 3,  I kinda derailed, drank two Jingle Berry Capri Sun pouches and got back on track.



                                Got these festive beverages at an after Christmas sale today!

And now for my brief coffee cup story:          

Oh, how I searched and searched for a coffee cup that “MATCHED MY PERSONALITY!” (that was my constant I wail as I went coffee cup shopping last year). Finally, I found a sleek black mug, purchased some pink acrylic paint & brushed on a cute gerbera.  The flower is starting to peel, so I think it’s time for another coffee cup craft.  I’ll keep you posted.
On those days when you’re flat-broke, in a rush or, like me, just want a cup of your own delicious custom brew, make it and let me know how you did it and how it taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment