Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WOW’EM WEDNESDAY – ROSE’S TORTILLA-LESS TACO SALAD


I enjoy eating food from places like Qdoba, Chipotle and Mexico Restaurant.

But sometimes, I like to try to create those tacos, burritos and salads in my own little galley kitchen.

Tonight, I kinda prepared Rose’s Tortilla-Less Taco Salad.  I say “kinda” because I just cooked the chicken and put everything in bowls.  My family created their own salad, buffet style. 



My daughter Erica even grabbed some tortillas and made a tortilla-ful taco.



INGREDIENTS:

·        Chopped Onion

·        Chopped Green Pepper

·        Minced Garlic

·        Parsley

·        Canola Oil 

·        3 Chicken  Breast

·        Taco Mix (Taco Bell, Old El Paso…)

·        2/3 C Water

·        Bagged Salad Mix

·        Diced Tomatoes

·        Shredded Cheese (mozzarella, cheddar…)

·        Taco Sauce

INSTRUCTIONS:

1.     Add onion, green peppers, garlic, parsley, oil and chicken to a pan.

2.    Cook chicken until it is done.

3.    Shred the chicken breast.

4.    Add taco mix and water to the chicken.

5.    Cook on low for about 5 minutes.

6.    Fill individual bowls with washed salad mix.

7.    Add tomatoes, shredded cheese, taco sauce and any other toppings you would like to add to the salad mix.

8.    You can fill up various bowls with the salad toppings and serve them buffet style.
This meal was very quick, easy, flavorful & fun.

Try these delicious add-ins or alternatives:

*Sour cream

*Jalapenos

*Cilantro

*Beans

*Ground beef or steak instead of chicken

This month I wow’ed my family with four dished inspired by different cultures:

*Rose’s Caribbean Curry Kabobs

*Rose’s Chunky Chicken Chowder (my favorite)

*Rose’s Hen, Zen & Crustaceans Fried Rice

Please use the comment’s section below & let me know if you used & liked any of these recipes this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment