Thursday, January 9, 2014

SPLURGEDAY THURSDAY - MANGO N' OIL


Ahhh, Mango…how I love your scent!

For the second week in a row, my splurge has been inspired by this little odd looking fruit. 

Today, I treated myself to this small tube of Coco Mango fragrance oil. 
 

I will have to use this sparingly; it has a very strong, mango-y scent.  I don’t want to risk causing my cubical and entire office to smell like…well… a really powerful smelling mango.

Even though I’m in desperate need of some Victoria Secret’s Mango Temptation Spray Mist (I have about seven sprays left –take a look at my sad, empty bottle below),  I decided to take the less expensive route and purchase my oil at Orange Beauty supply Store for just two bucks.
 
Don’t worry…I’ll be visiting Miss Victoria soon enough!

I haven’t used fragrant oils in about 20 years and I will tell you why….

***WARNING***

THE FOLLOWING PASSAGE MAY CONTAIN SOME MATERIAL THAT MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME.

READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.
One unfortunate Spring day, I was suffering from seasonal allergies. After touching my neck, which was slightly covered with fragrant oil, I tried to rub the irritating pollen out of my eye, which resulted in me rubbing oil into my eye.  The oil caused the white part of my eye to turn beet red and swell to the size of an  medium sized olive.  My poor brown eyeball looked as if it were being swallowed by my eye white.  Oh…and by the way…all of this grossness took place while I was at work…serving hotdogs and milkshakes… as a waitress!

Lesson Learned!!!  I promise to enjoy my Coco Mango oil responsibly.
…And in the words of Tom and Donna from the awesome TV show, Parks and Recreation,
“Treat Yo Self”. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment