Thursday, January 30, 2014

SPLURGEDAY THURSDAY – LITTLE TREATS CAN MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE


After making that big speech in last week's blog entry about how all woman deserve to treat themselves to something nice every once in a while, I almost canceled Splurgeday Thursday this week & this is why:

*  I didn’t feel like leaving the building to do some lunch-time shopping (too cold).

*  I didn’t have enough money to purchase the item I actually wanted (pout-pout) – a hot pink fake snakeskin steering wheel cover I saw in one of those auto parts stores (too broke).

*  I couldn’t decide what my splurge would be today – some funky trouser socks, some after Christmas sale swag, a yummy, miniature, yellow box of Whitman’s chocolates… (too fickle)

*  I really didn’t feel like stopping by a store after work (too tired). 

But I decided to stop by my favorite neighborhood Walgreens...Oh I am so glad that I did!

First of all, my Walgreen’s has the best folks working there.  They are friendly and helpful. They also compliment you. NICE! Then, there’s the beauty expert in the make-up section who almost makes you feel like you are stepping into the MAC department in MACY’S. Her enthusiasm will smack anyone out of their cubical induced slump. She even invites you to these beauty/makeup events Walgreen’s has on Saturdays.  I’m thinking about getting my lay-around butt out of the bed early one Saturday morning so that I can attend (and go to the Saturday  Winter Farmer’s market held at the beautiful park near my home).  Anyway, look at what I got…

 



*  SINFULSHINE WITH GEL TECH - “ALL THE RAGE”– I love Sinful nail polish, but this is my first time encountering their gel products.  I think it’s supposed to stay chip-free on the nail a little longer than usual.  I tend to chip rather quickly.   I’ll keep you updated. $1.99

*  SHEA MOISTURE COCONUT HIBISCUS CURL ENHANCING SMOOTHIE – FREE SAMPLE – Courtesy of my Walgreens beauty expert.  I am paying it forward and giving it to my daughter Jessica. $0.00 – FREE!!!!

*  ELF STUDIO EYE PRIMER AND LINER SEALER - My eye shadow has a tendency to fade & crease so I wanted to try this out. The Walgreens beauty expert said it should help with that. I’ll let you know how this works. $1.50

I will share the resulting beauty these items encourage in future blog entries.

I know, this has to be my cheapest splurge of the month, but these little treats served as a  really nice pick-me-up after having a semi-stank day (I’d say almost 1/8 stank of a day – I couldn’t let "stank" take ownership of my otherwise beautiful day).

Let me know how you recover from a fraction of a stank day in the comment’s section below.

                                                                                         

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment