Thursday, January 23, 2014

WOW’EM WEDNESDAY – ROSE’S HEN, ZEN & CRUSTACEANS FRIED RICE

 
Yesterday was Wow’em Wednesday and Rose’s Hen, Zen & Crustaceans Fried Rice was prepared.
 
This dish did not have the aesthetic appeal I desired, but, I think it still wowed’em because every grain of rice disappeared from plates and pan.  Since this was not the prettiest dish I could have prepared, I must (apologetically so), decline to include a photo. But I will share with you, the recipe and photos of some of the ingredients I used to prepare this ugly but yummy dish. 
This dish was served with homemade egg rolls and rice noodles. The sauce that came with the rice noodles was a little sweet, but paired perfectly with the fried rice.  This was my first experience with rice noodles.  I got this little pack for about 70 cents and there was not enough for the four of us to get a full serving, but we were all able to get a sampling.
 

                                      I retrieved the cute little Snow Fox soy sauce pack from a restaurant
 
  The egg rolls were very simple to make.  I got these egg roll skins from one of my favorite Richmond hangouts, The Oriental Market.  I cooked the cabbage as usual, wrapped the cabbage in the egg roll skins.
 My daughter, Erica is a champion egg roll roller
 
 This is perfect when you want to quickly prepare a cabbage dish
 Fried the egg rolls in a little oil.  These are fun little appetizers that really fun to make with the family.
ALL THE GOOD FOOD:          
·        1 egg
·        Salt
·        Pepper
·        ¼  c chopped onion
·        ½ chopped  scallion
·        1 teaspoon garlic
·        3 chopped chicken breast
·         2 cup shrimp
·        Parsley
·        Ginger
·        Soy sauce
·        2 ½ c cabbage mix
·        ½  c water
·        2 cups cooked rice
ALL THE HARD WORK:
1.    Scramble the egg with a little oil, salt and pepper.  Move the scrambled egg to a small bowl.
2.    Heat oil in another pan.
3.    Add chopped onions, scallion & garlic to the pan and sauté.
4.    Add chopped chicken, shrimp, salt, pepper, parsley, ginger and soy sauce to the pan.
5.    Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes.
6.    Add cabbage mix.
7.    Cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
8.    Mix eggs and cooked rice to the pan.

Sorry I don’t have a picture for you.  Please try this recipe, take a picture of it for yourself and let me know how you like it in the comment’s section below.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment