Friday, January 24, 2014

SPLURGEDAY THURSDAY - YOU DESERVE IT!


I love the fact that I can escape my cubical prison for 60 minutes during lunch and lavish myself with a rewarding little treasure.

Dare I say I deserve it?  Yes, I dare say that I do!

Here’s this week’s splurge from Body Central & it only cost $3.90.
 

Here are the top 5 reasons why every woman deserves the right to participate in Splurgeday Thursday (this is just five out of a million):

1.    MORNINGS.  I am a night owl & not a morning hen.    The fact that I can leave the house in my zombie state each morning, yet successfully function as a responsible human being at work is an act deserving of some sort of award.  No Oscars available?  I’ll settle for a pair of platform pumps.

 

2.    CUBE NANTS.  Nant is a word I invented.  It’s short for ignorant.  I use it playfully with the ones I love…for example, “Y’all some crazy nants”, but there are some real nants out there and some of them reside in office cubicles. You know some of them.  The Vicious Gossiping Nant. The Sneak Snakey Nant. The Joy Sucking Nant.  If you can survive at least 2 ½ days out of the week without letting Cube Nants drag you into their nasty Nantdom, you should treat yourself to something nice.  It can be a bottle of strawberry lotion from the dollar tree or a pair of wine glasses from Pier One.  This stuff serves as fumigation to Cube Nants.

 
3.    HORMONES.  Yes, I know men are also capable of acting all moody and emotional.  We just handle our hormonal fits differently:

 

Women are:

 

*Strong enough to have our  fit

*Humble enough to admit to having a fit

*Brave enough to reverse the fit  

*Smart enough to learn from the cause of the fit.

Men:

*Fear the fit

*Have the fit

*Deny the fit
There are stores and tiny little specialty shops that sell sweet smelling candles that are made to celebrate our victories over the fit.

4.    WE SMILE.  Some of us are not fortunate enough to have a job that allows us to divulge in our true passions and talents, yet we show our appreciation for the job we are blessed to have by flashing a genuine grin at least 80% of the day. Whether it’s a smile on our face or a smile in our voice.  Whether its a smiley face in an Instant Message, e-mail message or text message.  Treat yourself to a tube of lip gloss.  It can make that smile a bit shinier.

5.  WE WORK HARD!

Alright Ladies!  It’s your turn. Celebrate yourself & let me know how you did it in the comments section below.

***Fellas, you deserve a treat too.  I will have something special for you in my blog entries each week in February!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment